Sunday, March 21, 2010

What I should have chosen first...

A while back, I posted a few books that I was considering reading at the time. Let the Great World Spin fizzled out about 80 pages in. I enjoyed Plainsong but not enough to go out and buy Eventide immediately. Tonight, (or this morning or whatever) I found myself hooked on this fantastic novel by Jeffrey Lent, In the Fall.

Before I continue, here are two facts you need to know about me. After something like 8 or 9pm, books make me sleepy. Really sleepy. Also, books that come highly recommended or with loads of unbelievable praise don't so well with me. I like to find things on my own instead of refinding what someone else just found... Whatever...

Now that you know that, know this: In the Fall has me up reading until 4am. I've not read nearly as widely as many of my friends, but I can count on one hand the books I've been this excited about recently. Seriously.

Do yourself a favor - grab a copy of this book.




Fair warning - The novel doesn't have some sort of earth shattering opening. (well, the prologue has me thinking still, but that's not the point...) The first of the three "books" brings the narrative that's been picking up steam over 150 pages to a full boil. If you agree to pick up this book, you agree to read through the end of the first book. Also, apologies to those of you who have read this book and are much better suited for writing this sort of endorsement... Feel free to fill in any cracks I've left/correct any mistakes or places I may have misled people...


No comments:

Post a Comment