Thursday, March 18, 2010

The Future of Publishing

As a Kindle user, I've had the thoughts about if in X amount of years, all my students will walk into class with something like that.

In some ways, that would be great.

In others, well... I'm not so sure.

I like the feel of a book in my hands, and that sensation is definitely lost during the Kindle (or any ebook) experience. This video takes an interesting look at some of that future.

The clip is likely to have some place in a classroom about making snap judgements or assumptions about others. Be sure you watch it all.

Also, to be fair, I found this video at Lemuria's blog (here). Lemuria books is a fantastic little independent bookstore in Jackson, MS which, one day, I will have the privilege of entering. Until then, I visit here. Thanks to them for the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment