Sunday, March 28, 2010

book talk: Beatrice & Virgil

Yann Martel's new novel, Beatrice & Virgil, is rather fantastic. However, it's a "the less you know going into it, the more fun you have figuring things out on your own" type of novel, so no lengthy chit chat here.


Fans of Life of Pi will enjoy seeing animals at the center of the storytelling again. The novel is worth your time, and it shouldn't take too much of it to complete. However, while the novel is just short of 200 pages, it promises to be a conversation starter. I'm looking forward to discussing the novel and figuring out what I missed on my first read.

That's all I'm saying. Well, that and this: do NOT go looking through the reviews and such that are out there already. Some of the reviewers have no concept of what spoilers are...

1 comment:

  1. Can I borrow it? I'll read it very quickly and give it right back. Please?

    ReplyDelete