Thursday, March 11, 2010

Books that aren't for English class/New thinking excitement

Through several of the talks over the past three weeks at Church and in our comgroup, I've really felt like it's time I started reading about how Church happens again. Starting around this time of year during my sophomore year in college, I began to think about how Church traditionally happened around me and how that lines up with the models depicted in the New Testament (see Acts 2 as a good starting point).

Tonight, I started reading N. T. Wright's After You Believe.


I'm excited about the challenges the book is sure to bring about in me and the opportunity to write about how I'm being changed.

Hopefully it'll spur me on to some good topics to blog about as well.

2 comments:

  1. I don't remember from any conversations we've had: have you read any of his others?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. Read Simply Christian and Surprised by Hope. Simply Christian met me at a time when I was becoming disinterested in the type of discussion it wanted to entertain, so it wasn't a favorite. Surprised by Hope, though, seemed to meet me at just the right time. Really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete