Sunday, August 23, 2009

Fantasy Football: Free League

Across the country, it's that happy time again. For me, it's the first time it's been that happy time. Today, I completed my very first fantasy football draft. 16 rounds. 2 hour and 20 minutes. Several pizzas and plenty of wings. You get the idea.

Here's the team I've drafted. I've got no clue how good they will be, or even if I have a decent team going. The cheat sheet I grabbed from ESPN seems to say that I'll be alright. I've included position, round drafted and team as well...

Here we go:

Round 1 - Matt Forte (RB - CHI)
Round 2 - Larry Fitzgerald (WR - ARI)
Round 3 - Calvin Johnson (WR - DET)
Round 4 - Matt Ryan (QB - ATL)
Round 5 - Thomas Jones (RB - NYJ)
Round 6 - Derrick Ward (RB - TB)
Round 7 - Jonathan Stewart (RB - CAR)
Round 8 - John Carlson (TE - SEA)
Round 9 - Kevin Walter (WR - HOU)
Round 10 - Matt Cassel (QB - KC)
Round 11 - Chicago Bears Team Defense/Special Teams
Round 12 - Domenik Hixon - (WR - NYG)
Round 13 - Ernest Graham (RB - TB)
Round 14 - Tony Scheffler (TE - DEN)
Round 15 - Lawrence Tynes (K - NYG)
Round 16 - San Diego Chargers Team Defense/Special Teams

That's how things shook out. Hopefully it'll work out well for me in the end. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. This is a pretty solid team, my friend. Matt Forte is poised for a huge year. After all, there's not one serious receiving threat on the Bears' whole team, and they have to get yards somehow... Fitz and Calvin Johnson are two of the three best wide receivers in the league. I can't believe you've got them both on the same team. With Kevin Walter as a GREAT WR3 play, I'd say your receiving corps is the strength of your team. Domenik Hixon could be a beast, too, considering that the Giants lost their big, physical receiver when Plaxico decided to go postal on himself. By week 4 or 5, Hixon could be a solid start. Your second RB is going to be an issue. Thomas Jones is poised for a wicked drop-off this year. He's not getting any younger, and now that Favre is headed for greener (purpler?) pastures, the Jets don't have much of a passing game to draw defenders out of the box. I don't think Jones will do much. He'll get a ton of carries, though, which makes him legit at least for starters. Stewart is a great back, but he's running behind a phenomenal one. I don't know what his workload will be this year. It'll depend on DeAngelo, really. Carlson is a serviceable, middle-of-the-road TE. Pretty good, considering you waited until the 8th round. The Bears D is always a decent bet, too. I don't know if Graham will get any work at all, but that's why he's on your bench. As for Tynes, well, a kicker is a kicker. The only major thing I'd have changed is Matt Ryan in the 4th. I'd be willing to bet that there was another solid RB available when you chose Ryan, and that would have really buffed up your team. There are a ton of QBs who will be as good as Ryan this year, and you probably could have gotten one of them in the 5th. Still, I'd say you've got a pretty strong team on your hands. Keep your eyes peeled for the first workhorse back to get injured and RUN to the computer to pick up his back-up from free agency.

    ReplyDelete