Wednesday, March 4, 2009

me, myself and the taks test

So, earlier this week, I gave the TAKS test for the first time. Talk about excitement, right? After hearing story after story about why I should assume this four hour time block will be the closest thing to torture I've yet to experience as a teacher, I assumed I was in for the time of my life and prepared for the worst.

Maybe it was because I was pretty nervous about screwing some detail (or, even better, something completely obvious) and invalidating an entire group's attempt to pass the test all of their public education in the great state of Texas had been building toward, but somehow, the time ended up going by pretty quickly.

After thinking about how I was able to survive without a hidden sudoku, a jelly bean taste testing game, or some other distraction to break up the monotony, here's what I've figured out: I'm pretty sure I passed most of the time talking to myself (while diligently monitoring my students' efforts to complete the exam, of course). I'm not sure what's prompting me to share this information either. I guess I just felt like writing something. Who knows?

Next time around, I'll try to take more notes about my conversations and such. Look for those exciting tales in about a month or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment